Alcohol and Drug Support Line
The Alcohol and Drug Support Line is a confidential, non-judgemental telephone counselling, information and referral service for anyone in Western Australia seeking help for their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use.
What we do
Contact with the Alcohol and Drug Support Line is one-to-one with a professional counsellor and is confidential.
The counsellor who answers your call can:
- Listen to what is going on for you
- Provide you with information about alcohol or drug use
- Provide emotional support
- Talk about treatment options
- Refer you to local services that can provide ongoing support
We can also provide:
- Interim support to individuals waiting for face to face counselling/treatment
- A free call back service to socially and geographically isolated clients
- Support to health professionals working with individuals and families impacted by alcohol or drug use.
The Client Charter outlines the rights and responsibilities of people who use the services provided by the Alcohol and Drug Support Service.
If you would like to provide feedback on your contact with our service please click here.
- Alcohol and Drug Support Line Flier
- Alcohol and Drug Support Line Supporting Aboriginal Families Flier
- Alcohol and Drug Support Service Resource Order Form
For people who speak little or no English, please see our resources for non-English speakers.
The Alcohol and Drug Support Line can provide call back support to clients with alcohol or drug use issues. Please see the referral form below for more information. Referrals will only be accepted with the consent of the individual requesting call back support.
Parent and Family Peer Support Groups
Parent Peer Volunteers facilitate Peer Support Groups and Courses that help you to learn new strategies, tools and skills to help cope with your situation. These groups and courses are free and any family member or significant other who is affected by someone else’s alcohol or drug use can attend. Find out more here.
If English is not your first language, you can get free translation support through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) by phoning 131 450