Mental Health Network
The Mental Health Network is an independent entity that operates under the governance of and with the support of the Mental Health Commission. The Mental Health Network is jointly sponsored by the Mental Health Commission and the Department of Health and was launched in October 2014.
The Mental Health Network aims to improve outcomes for people with mental health issues by enabling consumers, families/carers, health professionals, health and community services, the Mental Health Commission and Department of Health, to engage and collaborate effectively, to inform mental health policy and reform, and to strengthen and increase coordination of care and support across Western Australia.
The Mental Health Network supports the implementation of the Western Australian Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drug Services Plan 2015-25 and may also identify and inform emerging needs of the mental health sector in Western Australia.
The Mental Health Network is led by Clinical Co-Lead Dr Helen McGowan and Community Co-Lead Mr Rod Astbury and are supported by an Executive Advisory Group, which includes key leaders and stakeholders from across the mental health sector. The Mental Health Network has a unique structure and includes ten Sub Networks, which support the Mental Health Network in engaging with and delivering outcomes for specific cohorts of mental health service users.
Membership of the Mental Health Network is open to all. Current members include consumers and carers, health professionals, policy-makers and planners, researchers and academics, and people working for non-government organisations.
As a member of the Mental Health Network you will be informed of opportunities to get involved, attend networking events, participate in consultations, and other items relevant to your areas of interest.
As a member you will receive a quarterly e-newsletter to keep you informed of the ongoing work of the Mental Health Network.
Please click here to register and join the Mental Health Network.
- Mental Health Network Launch Report
- Mental Health Network Launch Supplementary Report
- Principles for Delivery and Development of Trans-regional Services
- A model for an effective and sustainable state-wide Transcultural Mental Health Service for Western Australia. Project Proposal – May 2018 - Please note: - This project proposal was developed independently by the Mental Health Network and is not endorsed by the Mental Health Commission. The project proposal and indicative budget were finalised in 2018 as an example of an effective and sustainable state-wide service.
- Mental Health Network Review