Here For You
Here For You is a statewide confidential, non-judgemental, telephone service for anyone concerned about their own or another person’s alcohol and other drug use and/or mental health issues.
What we do
Contact with Here For You is one-to-one with a qualified counsellor or professional peer practitioner based in Western Australia. Peer practitioners have a lived experience of alcohol and other drug use and/or mental health issues and recovery, and are trained to use their experiences to support individuals living with similar issues.
Here For You counsellors and peer practitioners can:
- Listen to what is going on for you or the person you care about.
- Provide emotional support.
- Provide information about alcohol and other drugs, mental health and well-being.
- Explore coping and relapse prevention strategies.
- Discuss options and provide information about local services and other resources that can provide ongoing treatment and support.
- Provide support for service providers and clinical teams seeking system navigation and information to facilitate support for clients.
The Client Charter outlines the rights and responsibilities of people who use the services provided by the Alcohol and Drug Support Service.
Here For You offers a call-back service for clients who:
- Require extra support in addition to your service’s waitlist management support process.
- Require after hours AOD and/or mental health support while engaged with your service, during high-risk times.
- Are socially or geographically isolated.
- Do not have the capacity or resources to contact the service themselves.
Please see the Call-back request form for more information and to arrange call-back support. Referrals will only be accepted with the consent of your client.
Here For You Confidentiality Statement
Here For You is a confidential service. However, if we are concerned about your safety or the safety of another person (including a child), our duty of care will override confidentiality.
Information or data collected during the call will be stored in a secure database to assist us with improving our service and ensuring all callers receive a high standard of support.
Identifying information will only be collected if you give us your permission to do so. All other de-identified information collected by the service is for accountability and service improvement purposes only.
If you would like to know more, please speak with the team member who answers your call.
Here For You promotional resources can be ordered via the Resource Order Form.
If you would like to provide feedback on your contact with our service you have two options;
If English is not your first language, you can access a free interpreter through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) National
Phone: 131 450