The Mental Health Commission is a government department that reports to the Minister for Mental Health.
It is led by a Commissioner, supported by the following Divisions:
- System Development
- Strategy and Reform
- Prevention Services Management
- Community Support Services Management
- Treatment Services Management
- Governance and Corporate Services
- Office of the Commissioner
The Commission also provides support to three independent bodies, the Mental Health Advocacy Service, the Mental Health Tribunal and the Office of the Chief Psychiatrist. They operate independently but are provided with corporate services support by the Commission.