The strategic direction of the Commission is guided by the Western Australian Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drug Services Plan 2015-2025: Better Choices. Better Lives.
The Plan provides a roadmap for service development, transformation and expansion of mental health, alcohol and other drug services over the next ten years.
The implementation of the Plan over the next ten years will require partnerships with all key stakeholders, including all levels of Government, private and non-government, health and non-health sectors, clinicians, consumers, families and carers.
Our vision is for a Western Australian community that experiences minimal alcohol and other drug-related harms and optimal mental health.
The Mental Health Commission's strategic direction is also guided by the:
- Plan Update 2018;
- Mental Health 2020: Making it personal and everybody's business;
- Suicide Prevention 2020: Together we can save lives;
- Western Australian Mental Health Promotion, Mental Illness, Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Plan 2018-2025; and
- Western Australian Alcohol and Drug Interagency Strategy 2018-2022.
The Mental Health Commission is currently progressing two additional priority strategies/plans that will underpin the Plan. They are the:
- Western Australian Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drug Accommodation and Support Strategy; and
- Western Australian Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drug Workforce Strategic Framework 2019-2025.