The strategic direction of the Commission is guided by the Western Australian Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drug Services Plan 2015-2025: Better Choices. Better Lives.
The Plan provides a roadmap for service development, transformation and expansion of mental health, alcohol and other drug services over the next ten years.
The implementation of the Plan over the next ten years will require partnerships with all key stakeholders, including all levels of Government, private and non-government, health and non-health sectors, clinicians, consumers, families and carers.
Our vision is for a Western Australian community that experiences minimal alcohol and other drug-related harms and optimal mental health.
The Mental Health Commission's strategic direction is also guided by the following:
- The Plan Update 2018 (pdf);
- WA State Priorities Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs 2020-2024;
- A Safe Place - A Western Australian strategy to provide safe and stable accommodation and support to people experiencing mental health, alcohol and other drug issues 2020-2025 (pdf);
- Suicide Prevention 2020: Together we can save lives;
- Western Australian Mental Health Promotion, Mental Illness, Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Plan 2018-2025; and
- Western Australian Alcohol and Drug Interagency Strategy 2018-2022.
The Mental Health Commission is currently progressing additional priority strategies/plans that will underpin the Plan, including the:
- Western Australian Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drug Workforce Strategic Framework 2019-2025.
- new Suicide Prevention Framework