We're working for Western Australia.

GPs, psychologists and psychiatrists

You may wish to see a psychologist, psychiatrist or other mental health professional.

Visit your General Practitioner (GP) for advice or referrals to these services, or search the web for a professional in your area. GPs are also well placed to conduct mental illness assessments and develop a mental health treatment plan for most instances of mild to moderate mental health conditions. Choosing a GP.

The Better Access program provides rebates and access via Medicare to mental health professionals and team-based care, including via telehealth. The program is managed by the Federal Government. You will generally need to see your GP for a referral.

To find a professional yourself, the Australian Psychological Society and the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists each have listings of their professionals on their websites. You might also like to try Lysn, PORTS or Call to Mind which provide online appointments to health professionals.

MH Connext is a care management program for people with severe and complex mental illness, which is available for Perth Metropolitan-located general practice patients. It is a free mental health nursing case management program provided during business hours for between three to six months. It is funded by the Federal Government through WAPHA.


Fields marked with * are mandatory

Provide us with feedback

Please note we cannot provide advice or counselling through this form. Please call a helpline for advice.

This website uses cookies and third-party services.