Announcing the WA Mental Health Award finalists
The annual WA Mental Health Award finalists have been announced!
The Awards are hosted annually by the Western Australian Association for Mental Health, in partnership with the Mental Health Commission, to recognise the achievements of individuals, schools, workplaces, service providers and community organisations, to improving the mental health and wellbeing of Western Australians.
Congratulations to all the Award finalists which are listed here.
This year there were 158 nominations across nine awards categories:
- News Media Award, for excellence in journalism and reporting on mental health;
- Diversity Award, for an individual, organisation or group that embraces diversity and promotes inclusion with an initiative that benefits a particular population group;
- Innovation for Change, for outstanding innovation driving change for better mental health;
- Mental Health Employee Excellence or Volunteer Award, for outstanding contribution to mental health in WA by an individual employed or volunteering in the sector;
- Prevention or Promotion Award for outstanding contribution to prevention and/or promotion in mental health;
- Mentally Healthy Education, for educational institutions that encourage, support and promote good mental health for its students, staff and volunteers;
- Mentally Healthy Workplace, for a workplace that encourages, supports and promotes good mental health for its staff;
- Lived Experience Impact Inspiration Award, for outstanding contribution to mental health in WA by an individual who identifies as having a lived experience (consumer, carer or family member); and
- Minister's Award, which recognises someone who has displayed best practice at every level and a true dedication to service in the 2020 calendar year.
The awards are judged by a panel from diverse parts of the mental health sector and include individuals with lived experience.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony to be held on 25 November 2021.