Implementation of the Infant, Child and Adolescent (ICA) Taskforce Recommendations
The Final Report provides the framework to transform the mental health system into a contemporary, evidence-informed model of service and models of care that ensures that all children and their families and carers who require mental health care can access timely and quality care that meets their needs, and is available close to where they live.
The Government is committed to implementing all 32 recommendations, and to the state-wide, system-wide reform of infant, child and adolescent mental health services.
The scale of the reforms are wide ranging and will take several years to achieve. The report therefore recommended a phased approach to implementation. The Mental Health Commission has started working with stakeholders on the immediate and short-term actions.
Working group pre-reading packs
- Community Infant, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (ICAMHS) Model of Care
- Infant Mental Health (0-4 years) Model of Care
- Child Mental Health (5-11 years) Model of Care
- Acute Care and Response Teams (ACRT) Model of Care
- Emergency Departments and Child Safe Spaces Model of Care
- Eating Disorders Model of Care
- Intellectual Disability and Neurodevelopmental or Neuropsychiatric conditions Model of Care
- Early Psychosis Model of Care
- Complex Trauma Model of Care
- Personality Disorders Model of Care
- Forensics (Police and Justice) Model of Care
- Support to schools and early childhood services Model of Care
- Cultural Safety and Social & Emotional Wellbeing Principles; Aboriginal Mental Health Workforce Model
- Service Guarantee