We're working for Western Australia.

Public mental health services

There is a comprehensive range of public mental health services provided by the State Government.

Mental health care is provided for children, adolescents, adults and older people. There are community mental health units in every area of the State, supported by hospital services in major centres.

To find State-funded public mental health services, search in the My Services online directory. You can search by your own location, or 'Restart' your search and search for services in a major town or city.

To access public mental health services you will generally need a referral from a General Practitioner or other health care provider. Check with the service you’re interested in to make sure. 

General practitioners are also able to help people with mental illness and make referrals to specialist mental health services when needed. Psychologists can also assist for mild to moderate mental health issues. These services are funded or overseen by the Federal Government.

If you are looking for a phone service, please visit the helplines page.

Fields marked with * are mandatory

Provide us with feedback

Please note we cannot provide advice or counselling through this form. Please call a helpline for advice.

This website uses cookies and third-party services.