Drug related resources
We produce a range of drug-related resources which can be downloaded below. To order copies please complete and return the specific order form.
Our Strong Spirit Strong Mind website has culturally secure information for Aboriginal people.
For information about how to respond to volatile substance use, see the Volatile Substance Use in WA website.
For information on how to assist people experiencing mental health, alcohol or other drug issues, please visit the Mental Health Resources page to download a copy of the 'Helping Someone in Distress' booklet.
Drug Aware resources
- Amphetamines: The facts - booklet HP1458
- Caffeine: The facts - booklet HP1477
- Cannabis: The facts - booklet DAO0035
- Cannabis - The health effects info card- HP1142
- Cocaine: The Facts booklet- HP1460
- Drug Aware website card- OA0308
- Ecstasy: The Facts booklet- HP1461
- Facts about drugs booklet- DAO0029
- Hallucinogens: The Facts booklet- HP1462
- Heroin: The Facts booklet- HP1463
- Methamphetamine A4 factsheet- DAO 00114
- Methamphetamine A3 infographic- DAO 00113
- Steroids: The Facts booklet- HP1464
- Sexual health, drug and alcohol use: Who to ask, where to go
Workforce Development resources
- A Better night's sleep - A self-help guide
- Is someone you care about seeking treatment for heroin or other opiate use?
- Self help guide
- Self help guide diary
- Consumer perspectives: Alcohol and other drug and mental health services
- Consumer perspectives: Alcohol and other drug recovery
- Harm Reduction Tip Sheet for Workers - Amphetamines
- Harm Reduction Tip Sheet for Workers - Opioids
- Here's to your health - A guide to reducing alcohol-related risks and harms
- Responding to overdose and administering naloxone
- Naloxone conversation starter flyer
The Drug and Alcohol Counsellors Training Program
The Drug and Alcohol Counsellors Training Program DVD Resources consists of audio-visual scenarios both with and without teaching text. Expanded text outline key teaching points are also included within this package.
This resource has been designed to support trainers who are delivering training to frontline workers, with the purpose of supporting the workers knowledge, development, competence and confidence of core counselling skills required for effective AOD counselling.
Prior to delivering any training using this package, trainers should familiarise themselves with the audio-visual resource and all information provided in the teaching points. It is highly recommended that presenters are acquainted with relevant core counselling skill literature.
Alcohol and Drug Support Service resources
To order hard copies please complete and return this order form.
- Alcohol and Drug Support Line Flier
- Alcohol and Drug Support Line Supporting Aboriginal Families Flier
- Parent and Family Drug Support Line Flier
- Parent and Family Drug Support Line Flier for Aboriginal Parents and Families
Parent and Family resources
- Parent and Family Information and Support Pack
- Parent and Family Information and Support Pack for Aboriginal Families
For people who speak little or no English, please see our resources for non-English speakers.
National Quality Framework for treatment
The Commonwealth Department of Health has produced the National Framework for Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Treatment 2019-2029 and the National Quality Framework for Drug and Alcohol Treatment Services.