Mental Health resources
Helping Someone in Distress
You can download these 'Helping Someone in Distress' PDFs and print them for your own use.
- Helping Someone In Distress Booklet
- Helping Someone In Distress Flyer
- Helping Someone In Distress Card
- Helping Someone in Distress Poster (Portrait - full directory)
- Helping Someone in Distress Poster (Landscape - urgent assistance)
- Helping Someone in Distress Poster (Landscape – direct to website)
Think Mental Health
You can also visit our Think Mental Health website, which has resources related to the current Think Mental Health campaign.
Find more Mental Health resources at Head to Health - the Federal Government's gateway to digital mental health resources - find apps, digital programs and other resources.
Bereaved by Suicide
We have produced a resource on grief and loss titled “When someone takes their own life…what next?”, which contains information on grief, the coroner’s office, finance, how to talk to children and funeral arrangements. It also has sections on social media, getting help and how to support a friend or colleague through the loss of a loved one to suicide. It is also available in hard copy by request.
Mental Health Act 2014 resources
Find resources related to the Mental Health Act 2014
National Standards for Mental Health Services
The National Standards for Mental Health Services are developed and produced by the Commonwealth Department of Health.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics and Australian Institute of Health and Welfare collate information about mental health at a National and State level. These agencies produce the below reports, which may be of interest:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics - National Health Survey (Psychological Distress data)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics - National Health Survey (Mental and Behavioural Conditions data)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics - Causes of Death data (includes Intentional Self-Harm - Suicide)
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare – National Minimum Data Set
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare - Mental Health Services in Australia