Mental health and you
Being mentally healthy is important. It is about being able to function well, having meaningful social connections, positive self-esteem and being able to cope with change.
It is an important part of overall health and keeping our mind healthy is something we all do on a daily basis.
If you don't feel right, do something about it. Learn more, put strategies in place or seek help.
A few tips for staying mentally healthy are:
- spend time with friends and loved ones
- talk about or express your feelings regularly
- keep active and eat well
- develop new skills and challenge your capabilities
- relax and enjoy your hobbies
- set realistic goals
- get enough sleep
- talk to your GP or health professional about mental health concerns
- reduce alcohol consumption and prevent and delay illicit drug use
Learn More about Mental Health