We're working for Western Australia.


Rurallink is a specialist after hours mental health telephone service for people in rural communities of Western Australia. The support line can assist:

  • individuals who feel they need assistance
  • clients and carers
  • members of the community 
  • health professionals
  • community welfare service providers

Rurallink is provided by the East Metropolitan Health Service.

What they do

Rurallink gives easy telephone access to experienced community mental health staff, with a focus on supporting people with mental health issues. It is a confidential service that meets the needs of the community and delivering continuous care and support where needed. The service provides a single point of contact providing information, advice, assessment, and where required, referrals to other mental health services. 


Visit our resources library for more helpful information. 

Other helplines

Mental Health Emergency Response Line is also managed by the East Metropolitan Health Service. It provides response to mental health emergencies in Perth metropolitan areas and Peel.

More helplines

Other Services

For alcohol and drug services or more mental health services across Western Australia please visit our Getting Help pages.

Translating services

If English not your first language, you can get free translation support through Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) by phoning 131 450.

Speech or hearing difficulties

If you have speech or hearing difficulties you can contact us by phone through the National Relay Service.


Free call 1800 552 002

Availability 4.30pm – 8:30am Monday to Friday and 24 hours Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. During business hours you will be connected to your local community mental health clinic.

This website uses cookies and third-party services.