Video Celebrating our Young People is Online for Youth Week
Did you know it’s Youth Week?
The Mental Health Commission is celebrating by launching a video of six amazing young people and their tips for others going through a tough time.
- Reach out for help if you need it.
- You are good enough and you will learn to believe it in time.
- There are good services out there, you just need to keep looking.
- You don’t have to wait until you are in a crisis to seek help
- There are places to support you
- You’re loved and it’s worth it.
In 2020, the Commission released the Young People’s Priorities for Action to guide the State Government, services providers and other stakeholders across the community, in supporting and responding to the mental health, alcohol and drug needs of young people aged 12 to 24.
A range of projects are currently underway to expand youth services, including those for homeless youth, suicide prevention and more.
Watch the video and learn more about mental health and youth.