New campaign to support parents launched, featuring 12 well-known Australians
The new Think Mental Health campaign begins today, which features a series of tips and advice on how to support families and their children with their mental health.
The campaign is titled 'Families under Pressure'.
A series of quick video tips are available on the Think Mental Health website, which are narrated by 12 celebrities, including actors, singers, sportspeople and the Premier Mark McGowan.
The campaign is designed to make Western Australians think about their mental health, and the mental health of their families; seeking help with difficult behaviour and with negative emotions.
Deputy Premier and Minister for Mental Health Roger Cook said, “Parenting is tough, really tough, but by supporting our young people now and arming our parents with knowledge on how to do that, we can build a better future.”
Thank you to all of the voices featured in the videos who kindly delivered their services for free:
- actors and singers Justine Clarke, Noni Hazlehurst, Jay Laga'aia, Claudia Karvan, Francis Greenslade
- Damon Gameau from the That Sugar Film documentary
- Kav Temperely from Eskimo Joe
- Claire Hooper, host of the Great Australian Bake Off
- cricket player Adam Gilchrist
- former Wildcats player Damian Martin
- journalist Liam Bartlett, and
- Premier Mark McGowan
For more information on how you can support your family, visit www.thinkmentalhealthwa.com.au