Mental health training
The Mental Health Commission develops and delivers a large range of training related to mental health to assist service providers to develop their skills and expertise. Training can be delivered through face-to-face workshops, videoconferencing and online learning. All trainers are experienced clinicians and trainers.
- Family Inclusive Practice
- Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention Training
- Trauma informed care and practice
The Workforce Development Branch can also develop bespoke training on alcohol, other drug and mental health issues to meet agencies’ specific needs.
Workforce Development Branch resources can be accessed here.
For enquiries please contact us at AOD.email@example.com or phone (08) 6553 0560.
Calendar of training events
To download the AODtraining@MHC Calendar Semester 1, 2017 please use the following links to download a printable calendar:
The calendar will appear below. It may take a few minutes to load.
Other Mental Health Training Opportunities
There are a range of other services that provide mental health training programs to assist service providers in developing their skills and expertise.
- Mental Health First Aid
- ASIST Suicide Prevention
- Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH) - Mental Health Training, Certificate IV in Mental Health, eLearning
- Mind Australia - Peer work
- Carers WA - Carer workshops