Mental health training
The Mental Health Commission Workforce Development Team develops and delivers a range of training focussing on alcohol and other drug-related issues. Training is delivered through face-to-face workshops, videoconferencing and online learning.
We also fund several organisations to deliver training on our behalf. Click here to see a list of those organisations.
Training by the Mental Health Commission
Our training includes:
- Keyworker: Alcohol and other drugs skills training for mental health clinicians
- Working with alcohol and other drug using clients: Skills training for non-government mental health workers
- Trauma informed care and practice
Workforce Development resources can be accessed here.
For enquiries please contact us at AOD.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (08) 6553 0560.
Training for mental health workers
The calendar below is specifically for mental health workers.
The AODtraining@MHC Calendar of training events can be accessed here.
Other Mental Health Training Opportunities
There are a range of other services that provide mental health training programs to assist service providers in developing their skills and expertise.
- Mental Health First Aid
- ASIST Suicide Prevention
- Western Australian Association for Mental Health (WAAMH) - Mental Health Training, Certificate IV in Mental Health, eLearning
- Mind Australia - Peer work
- Carers WA - Carer workshops