Community Metro Alcohol and Drug Services
The Community Metro Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) provide outpatient alcohol and other drug services in the community. Next Step has partnered with non-government Alcohol and Other Drug service providers in the community to deliver an Integrated Service to the consumer and ensure community needs are a priority.
These services are free and confidential and provide individuals and their families with:
- assessment and referral
- counselling, case management and support
- opiate and alcohol pharmacotherapy treatment
- outpatient withdrawal services including home based withdrawl through Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Network (DAWN)
- medical reviews
- clinical psychology
- group programs
- support to families and significant others
- shared care with other services
- diversion programs for people referred by police and the court system
- services for young people and people referred by other agencies
- outreach counselling services
- support for local communities through prevention and community development activities
Note: some of the above services are provided by Next Step's non-government partners.
Individual do not require a referral and can self-refer by calling or attending their nearest CADS. To find your nearest community alcohol and drug service, please look at the list below:
- South Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service
- South East Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service
- North Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service
- North East Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service
Outpatient services are also provided by Next Step's East Perth Outpatient services.
For information about the Drug and Alcohol Youth Service, please visit that page.
Information for professionals:
External practitioners or hospitals can refer a patient by completing the form below.