Community based Group Support Activities Services now available
Following a competitive Open Tender procurement process for Group Support Activities Services last year, the Mental Health Commission awarded contracts to eight new services across WA.
A separate Expression of Interest took place to establish an inaugural Aboriginal Group Support Activities Services Pilot Grants Program, with three service providers. Consultation with Aboriginal people in the community identified the need for local, culturally sensitive and secure tailored group support services. These services are being delivered by Aboriginal community-controlled organisations and businesses.
The 11 new services began operating in April 2023 in various locations across the state, including Goldfields-Esperance, South West, the Mid West, Pilbara and Perth metropolitan regions.
Group Support Activities Services aim to improve the quality of life and psychosocial function of people impacted by mental health and co-occurring alcohol and other drug issues, through community-based social, recreational, psycho-educational and pre-vocational group activities.
For more information on these new services, please contact the providers directly via the links below:
- 55 Central Inc, Perth
- Bay of Isles Community Outreach, Esperance
- Lamp Inc, Busselton, Margaret River and Bridgetown
- Pathways SouthWest, Bunbury
- Perth Inner City Youth Service Inc, Perth
- Rise, Perth
- Ruah Community Services, Perth and Geraldton
- Wungening Aboriginal Corporation, Perth
- South West Aboriginal Medical Service, Bunbury
- Wirraka Maya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation, Port Hedland, South Hedland and the Warralong community
If you or someone you know needs support for their mental health, alcohol or other drug issues and would like to speak confidentially with a counsellor or peer practitioner, contact Here For You on 1800here4u (1800 437 348) 7am-10pm, seven days a week.