Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention Training
By registering a Gatekeeper workshop you are agreeing to follow Gatekeeper Policy including:
- Gatekeeper Workshops are for participants who are professionals or para professionals whose role brings them in to regular contact with people at risk of suicide.
- Two Gatekeeper facilitators are be present throughout the workshop, one facilitator must have clinical experience as described in the Policy.
- The number of participants accepted into a workshop will be no less than 12 and no more than 24 as far as is practicable.
- The Gatekeeper workshop will be delivered as outlined in the 12 modules without altering or making changes without prior consultation with the Gatekeeper Coordinator.
- Registering each workshop at least 10 days prior to the training delivery date.
- Meeting the accreditation requirements as defined in the Policy for Gatekeeper facilitators.
- Conducting at least one 2 day Gatekeeper workshop per year to maintain accreditation.
- Managing the risk to and safety of participants in training by providing support to those who appear adversely affected and providing adequate follow up to participants who may be distressed and/or leave the training without adequate debriefing.
- Collecting and retaining participant evaluation sheets, attendance sheets and submitting an evaluation summary electronically no more than 10 working days following the workshop.
Please note all fields are required.