Self help and peer support
Self help and support groups can assist you to deal with life’s challenges. You can join a group which meets regularly to encourage each other in recovery, access information and education or volunteer to support others.
To find a service please look at the list below:
- Alcoholics Anonymous* - 1300 22 22 22
- Bluebird* - 08 9364 6909
- Children of Parents with a Mental Illness (COPMI)* - 1800 187 263
- Dream It Forward (ConnectGroups) – Statewide, Aboriginal service - 08 9364 6909
- Even Keel Bipolar Disorder Support Association Incorporated - Metrowide - 08 9274 8200
- GROW - Metrowide - 1800 558 268
- Hepatitis WA* - 08 9227 9800
- Narcotics Anonymous* - 08 9227 8361
- Pay it Forward (Connect Groups) - Statewide - 08 9364 6909
- Women’s Health and Family Services - North Metropolitan Women's Service - 08 6330 5400 (Northbridge) or 08 9300 1566 (Joondalup)
- SMART Recovery* - 02 9373 5100
* These services are not funded by the Mental Health Commission.
There are also resources available to help you such as:
- Head to Health - the Federal Government's gateway to digital mental health resources - find apps, digital programs and other resources
- A Better night's sleep - A self-help guide for people who use alcohol and other drugs and are experiencing difficulties with their sleep
- Is someone you care about seeking treatment for heroin or other opiate use?
- Self help guide - for alcohol and other drug users