Day One of the 2017 WA Mental Health Conference
Last night's WA Mental Health Awards wrapped up day one of the 2017 WA Mental Health Conference.
Conference day one highlights included a Welcome to Country from Uncle Charlie, personal stories of recovery from a youth panel, an update on the WA Police mental health co-response trial, views from National Mental Health Commissioner Jackie Crowe and a Yarning Circle.
The Awards recognised those individuals and organisations who have displayed their commitment to mental health, consumers, families and practitioners.
Congratulations to all the award winners:
- Impact & Inspiration Award: Royce Hardman
- Wellbeing Award: MATES in Construction WA
- Diversity Award: St Patrick's Community Support Centre
- Innovation Award: Perth Voices Clinic
- Mental Health Employee Excellence Award: Andrew Miller, North Metropolitan Health Service
- Mentally Healthy Workplace Award: Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- Family Centred Care Award: Rockingham Peel Group - Mental Health Service
- Mental Health News Media Award- Amanda Keenan, The West Australian
For more information visit the Western Australian Association for Mental Health website.